Testing Projects Management
The Software Testing Projects Management Course, based on the MPT.BR is a short length technological specialization course. The syllabus of this course covers the management of the project testing and its representation in the MPT.BR model.
Thus, at the end of the course participant will have acquired knowledge in:
• Software testing project planning;
• Software testing project monitoring and controlling;
• Improvement on the Process of the Brazilian Software Testing – MPT.BR.
Aims of the course:
• To deepen participants’ knowledge in Software Testing Project Management;
• To introduce the concepts of Software Testing Project Management on the MPT.BR.
The course’s target audience is ICT professionals who work with software testing.
The course has a total length of 08 hours to be taught in two classes of 04 hours.
The course has as prerequisite the knowledge on the principals and the process of software testing.
All program content is based on the market models and standards with broad international recognition. It includes:
• IEEE 829 – Software testing standard documentation;
• RUP – Rational Unified Process.
• Software Testing Knowledge Base – second. edition. Rios, Emerson; Cristalli, Ricardo; Moreira, Trayahú & Bastos, Aderson. – S. Paulo, Martins Fontes, 2007.
• MPT.BR – Brazilian Software Testing Process Improvement.
The course consists of 02 modules. The 08 hours of the course are distributed on the 02 modules according to the following schedule:
Module 1 – Software Testing Project Management
• Body of Knowledge in Project Management – PMBOK
• Product Risk Analysis and test project
• Planning and monitoring of the test project
• Testing assessment
Module 2 – Testing Management in MPT.BR
• General overview of MPT.BR Model
• Testing Project Management Practice according to the MPT.BR model
• Overview of a Testing Project Management Practice process accordance to the MPT.BR
Methodology and Infrastructure
The course will be taught in person, through lectures supported by audio-visual resources.
During the course, students will have the opportunity to put into practice the concepts covered in the classes through supervised exercises in each module.
Required infrastructure for the course:
• Multimedia Projector;
• Personal computer or laptop for the instructor;
• Whiteboard, Flip chart and markers.